Demon Dispatch

The Student News Site of Greenway High School

Demon Dispatch

Demon Dispatch

Greenway’s Football Team is Chasing the Dream

GREENWAY’S FOOTBALL TEAM IS CHASING THE DREAM

Tyler McNally led Greenway’s football team to a respectable 5-5 record. Tyler McNally is the quarterback for the Greenway Demons varsity football team, and he’s only a Junior. 

“I think our football team has been doing great so far. We’ve had great drives on both sides of the ball, and our O-line has been having a really good season,” Tyler said. “I would also like to say that Carlos Toscano, our running back, and Christian Shetler, one of our wide receivers, have been key parts in our success.”

Tyler McNally has been doing well this season, and he hopes to continue his success. He has had a long journey in football, from camps, trainers, practices, and games. He is trying to improve physically and mentally in the sport of football, and he is trying to show his school pride.

“I feel that our offense has been doing really well and I appreciate Tyler and how well he has been doing,” Junior Carlos Toscano said.

Tyler McNally has been playing the sport football since he was in third grade. He still goes to personal trainers for help throwing the ball, and he goes to football camps to help improve. His private quarterback coach is Mike Giovando, and he helps Tyler with his throwing tremendously. Tyler McNally has had his ups and downs throughout his high school years with football, but this season he is doing exceptionally well.

“I have thrown eight touchdown passes and only one interception,” Tyler said. “I feel like I am doing really well this season, and my team has been helping me throughout it. I have just been reading the defense the entire time during games, so I knew what routes to throw and offensively. My wide receivers and O-line have been doing really well.” 

Head coach, Ed Cook said that he thinks his team is doing really well this season, and he has high hopes for them. He is proud of them but he knows they still have things to fix and practice on both offense and defense. 

“I feel like Tyler is really doing good at reading the defense and throwing me good balls. I have caught and scored 6/8 of the touchdowns he has thrown this season and I think we are doing really well,” Junior Christian Shetler said. 

Overall, Tyler McNally and the whole offense have been doing really well this season. Tyler, Christian, and Carlos have played big roles in winning these games. They have all worked together and helped each other out. 

It’s not all just offense though.

I feel like our overall team has been doing great, and I believe we will have a great season. Our defense has been playing hard and stopping other teams from scoring a lot. I also feel like Tyler is doing a great job out there, and I really have high hopes for us,” Junior Andy Botic said.

“We have had a lot of success this season., Tyler has been doing great, and if we all try our hardest and give it our all, I feel like we can beat every team,” Junior Aldin Hatic said.

This season has been a great season for the whole team, especially Tyler McNally. Hopefully, they continue on with their success this year and continue beating their rivals.